OUR BRAND PARTNERS
When you buy an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) cartridge from Cartridge Hyper, rest assured that it is a true original supplied by authorised suppliers. We do NOT sell grey imports.
We are certified:
HP Strategic Retail Partners
Samsung Power Partners
Epson Channel Partners
Authorised Canon, Lexmark, Xerox, OKI and Brother resellers
You can purchase any original cartridge from our network of stores with complete peace of mind.
Type in your address below to find your closest branch
Cartridge Hyper is the largest network of franchised retail stores for printer cartridges in South Africa.
We specialise in ORIGINAL brands, stocking over 3000 line items for new and older printers.
We carry the largest range of cartridges in South Africa.
We pride ourselves on AVAILABILITY and RANGE, and should we not have your cartridge, rest assured we will do our best to have it within 24 hours.
Try us today – we are always competitively priced.
Rest assured that any original OEM printer cartridge purchased through our network of franchised stores, is guaranteed ORIGINAL. All our cartridges are sourced from officially recognised vendors. We have built our reputation over 13 years of trade.
Printer cartridges take over 1000 years to decompose when discarded in the bin. More than 1.1 billion inkjet cartridges are used globally! Stacked end to end these cartridges would be 129 times longer that the Great Wall of China.
We pride ourselves on fast, efficient in-store service, and availability of stock. We also deliver, (for a small nominal fee), as we know that it is not always possible to leave your home or office. Call us, arrange payment options, and we will deliver your stock same day, subject to stock availability.
We resell original, remanufactured or generic ink or toner. Remanufactured and generic cartridges sold by us carry a quality guarantee, as they are made to stringent quality standards, in custom built factories. Refills are drilled and filled with no guarantee that the refilled cartridge is in working condition and can actually lead to leakage, thus causing damage to your printer.
JOIN OUR REWARDS PROGRAM TODAY!!
The Cartridge Hyper Rewards program gives you the chance to collect reward points when you shop at your favourite Cartridge Hyper branch.
You get 2% back in reward points on all your purchases!
Purchase at your favourite Cartridge Hyper and start collecting your reward points. Look out for exclusive instant savings.
As a card holder you will receive an automatic entry into any competitions held by Cartridge Hyper.
Receive exclusive product related discount vouchers on products you regularly purchase from Cartridge Hyper.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What payment options do you provide for?
For in-store purchases we accept:
- Credit cards, debit cards
- EFT’s (electronic fund transfers). For EFT payments: please note that goods will only be released upon confirmation of cleared funds in account. (Note that payments from another bank could take up to 48 hours)
What is your Returns Policy?
- Wrong Purchase Return Policy: Please note that we have a very strict returns policy on opened items purchased in error. We do not refund these items as our suppliers will not exchange or refund opened items. If we do exchange such items; it will be subject to a handling fee (at our discretion). Therefore, please ensure that you have the correct cartridge model number for your printer before you visit the store. Ensure that you purchase the correct cartridges. Check that you have the right cartridge before opening the packaging.
- If you return an unopened item for exchange we will gladly exchange it subject to proof of purchase. Please ensure that you have your invoice as proof of purchase.
- Faulty Items Return Policy: Please note: Manufacturers only refund faulty cartridges if it can be proven to be faulty. The reason for this is that in many cases the machine and not the cartridge is at fault. If you are confident that the cartridge is at fault, bring the cartridge back with a test page that shows the problem. If the cartridge does not print at all, please advise us accordingly. We will send the cartridge to the manufacturer for testing. Only once they have confirmed that the cartridge is in fact faulty can we offer you a refund or exchange.
What is an original or OEM cartridge?
OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. OEMs, such as HP, Canon, Samsung, Brother, Epson, Xerox, OKI and Lexmark are the companies that manufacture your printers. OEM cartridges are cartridges that are branded under your OEM’s brand. We offer both OEM and less expensive non OEM products. All our products are fully compatible with OEM standards.
What is a re-manufactured cartridge?
This is a recycled cartridge that is disassembled by third parties (other than OEMs). To guarantee print quality, remanufactured cartridges are tested, cleaned internally, worn parts replaced, refilled, tested under stringent conditions and repackaged.
How does using a re-manufactured or refilled cartridge affect my printer’s warranty?
It does not affect it at all. If a problem with the printer should occur, the printer manufacturer must prove that the re-manufactured or refilled cartridge caused the damage.
What is the difference between laser and inkjet?
A laser printer uses “toner” or powder and is more cost effective in the long run. An inkjet printer uses ink in a liquid form.
How can I get the most from my inkjet printer?
By performing regular maintenance functions.
- On your computer select the Start button.
- Select Settings
- Select Control Panel
- Double click on Printers & Faxes
- Select your printer from the list by right clicking on it
- A menu will appear. Click on Printing Preferences / Properties
- Select Maintenance / Services
- Run Nozzle Check
- Run Head Cleaning
- Run Print Head Alignment
- Perform a Maintenance run at least once a month. Especially if you have not used your printer for some time. A Head Clean basically blows ink through the nozzle plates, opening any clogged nozzles.
Never touch the circuitry or nozzle plates on the cartridge as this could damage the cartridge. Never leave a cartridge in direct sunlight as this will cause the ink to expand and may lead to your cartridge leaking. Have your printer serviced regularly. Contact your printer manufacturer to find out when your printers service is due. Tip: Have your printer serviced toward the end of its warranty.
Can I use a laser cartridge in an inkjet printer?
Laser cartridges are made specifically for laser printers. Inkjet printers use different technology and have their own unique cartridges.
I’ve inserted my new laser cartridge but my printer won’t print. What should I do?
Did you pull off the tag on the side of the cartridge? This tag must be removed completely in order to for your printer to access the toner. If you have done this, and it is still not printing, contact us.
My inkjet printer is not printing properly. What should I do?
Run a Head Clean. See “How can I get the most from my inkjet printer?”
My inkjet printer is not printing straight lines. What should I do?
Try running an alignment function. See “How can I get the most from my inkjet printer?”
Does the Rand / Dollar exchange rate affect pricing?
IF A CARTRIDGE COSTS $100 TO BUY, AND THE RAND TRADES AT 15 TO 1, IT WILL COST R1500.THE DOLLAR PRICE DOES NOT CHANGE, BUT IF THE RAND FALLS TO 16 TO 1, IT MEANS THE SAME CARTRIDGE NOW COSTS US R1600, HENCE SELLING PRICE INCREASES.