All printer cartridges are IMPORTED into the country by the respective VENDORS, ie Hp, Lexmark, Canon, Samsung, Epson etc. As such, all pricing is SET by these respective VENDORS.
When the Rand weakens, it means that we pay more rands per dollar, resulting in higher pricing As an example; If a cartridge costs $100, and the Rand trades at R15 to $1, the cartridge costs us R1500.
Should the Rand fall to R16 to $1, the Dollar price remains $100, but the drop in exchange results in the same cartridge now costing R1600.
Cartridge Hyper, as ALL OTHER re-sellers, is affected by the Rand/Dollar exchange. As we specialise in the supply of consumables, our stock sells out at a rapid rate. While we may have old stock bought at old pricing, bear in mind that we will need to replace all stocks sold at a higher cost. For this reason we unfortunately cannot sell items at old pricing, UNLESS we have an overstock situation.
The VOLATILITY of the rand means that we have no forecast as to when the Rand may improve. All indications are that the Rand will drop even further, so the situation will worsen before it gets better Cartridge Hyper has ALWAYS reacted to the Rand Dollar changes immediately, when the rate improves, we drop our pricing accordingly and take the loss on this. High pricing IS NOT good for our business!
Unfortunately we have no control over the Rand / Dollar exchange rate, but we do stock alternative non original options on most brands. While these generics may not give the quality and reliability of the original products, the savings do make them an option in these times.
Cartridge Hyper pricing is set at Head Office, NO branch is in control of pricing, so rest assured that no store is charging you different pricing to what we have set.
1. The Cartridge Hyper rewards program allows you to accumulate points, based on purchases you make at Cartridge Hyper stores.
2. A rewards card is freely available to every customer upon request. It can be obtained in the Cartridge Hyper stores. It is personal and non-transferable.
3. In the event of loss/theft of your Rewards card, please approach Cashiers at any Cartridge Hyper store to cancel your card and apply for a new one. Upon verification of your details, your earned/accumulated points will be retrieved and transferred to your new card after seven working days.
4. Cartridge Hyper reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions and/or suspend the Cartridge Hyper Rewards Program. In the event of such modification and/or suspension, Cartridge Hyper will notify its cardholders via email or postal mail, as well as communicate this on our website. Customers will not receive any compensation from Cartridge Hyper in the event of modification or suspension of the Cartridge Hyper Rewards Program.
5. Cartridge Hyper reserves the right to:
(a) permanently disable or suspend the Cartridge Hyper Rewards Program and/or Cartridge Hyper Rewards Card, in the event of fraud or attempted fraud by the Customer at any Cartridge Hyper stores and/or by the member's inappropriate use of the Cartridge Hyper Rewards Program, and
(b) terminate the Cartridge Hyper Rewards Program for any reason whatsoever by informing members via email/mail as well as on our website. In which event, members will be given a period of 30 days to use up his or her Rewards points, and upon the expiry of the said period of 30 days, any balance Rewards points unused will be forfeited and invalidated.
(c) In the case of a termination and/or suspension of the Cartridge Hyper Rewards Program, Cartridge Hyper will NOT be liable to members for unused points.
6. Cartridge Hyper shall not be liable for any system malfunction, system failure or disruption in access to the Cartridge Hyper Rewards Program or Cartridge Hyper Rewards card, or any consequences, direct or indirect, arising from the same.